Endless laundry? Try going commercial! It worked for me!
A Complete Solution To Your Laundry Woes
"Why does laundry triple when there are two of you? Shouldn't it just double? That totally surprised me. I have no explanation for it, but felt like I was doing laundry all the time." -- Jennifer Keen Small, Seattle, Washington
Last new year, my biggest resolution was to get rid of procrastination. I decided that I would complete all my chores on time and never EVER put anything off.
Well, I’m proud to report that I successfully stuck to that resolution for nearly a week – until my next laundry day!
I once read somewhere that in a survey done some time back, people rated public speaking as their greatest fear – even more than dying. If someone had asked me, laundry day would have been right at the top of the list.
My friend Google tells me that I am not alone in dreading doing laundry. There are hundreds or even thousands like me. Well, that’s a relief. Now I believe I am almost normal.
Now why do people hate doing laundry so much and is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
1) It’s Relentless: Let’s say, on a bright sunny morning, for some weird reason, you felt motivated to do your laundry. You have these noble thoughts about how world would change (for the better) once your laundry basket is empty and everything is folded and put away neatly.
So, you summon up all your will power and toil away for hours. Finally, the dreaded laundry basket is empty and you can relax. An hour later, you happen to stroll past the basket and what do you see? The basket has magically filled itself. You suddenly want to pull out all your hair in frustration. But then you realize, that would be foolish, as hair takes time to grow back. So, you do the next best thing - you go into a depression.
2) It drains away the fun from life: Think about what all you could have done with your time if you didn’t have to do your laundry. I mean, life is short, isn’t it?
I don’t know about you, but there are a number of things I’d rather do that sit staring at a load of clothes going round and round in my washing machine. I mean it’s relaxing and all, but if I wanted to get hypnotized, I’d rather visit a professional.
So, if you have come out of the trance, answer the above question – what would you rather do with your time? Do anything, other than laundry. Go for a movie with your partner or family, help your kids with their homework, play with your kids, catch up on all those soaps (on TV) you’ve missed, or get that a damn pedicure. Like I said before - life is short, my friend.
I tried dry-cleaning a few times but stopped when I read more about how it’s done. Believe me, you don’t want those harmful chemicals on your favorite clothes, and on your body.
By now, you’re probably thinking, “Is this all there is in life” ...etc. etc.
Hey, Cheer up, friend. All is not doom and gloom. There is hope for you, and the rest of us.
Recently, in Santa Barbara, I discovered a laundry service called Drystar. This is without doubt the best laundry service I’ve seen in a long time.
All you need to do is, schedule a pick up for your laundry. That’s it. They do all the rest.
You get your clothes, all washed, folded and delivered back to your home. The best thing I liked about Drystar is the quality of their service. I’ve used a few such services in the past and have had some not-so-pleasant experiences.
Here’s why Drystar stands apart from the rest of the laundry services out there:
- They handle every order separately and give individual care. So, no more nightmares of your expensive clothes getting washed with someone else’s dirty laundry.
- The deliver on their promises. Your clothes will get picked up and delivered back on time every time.
- Unmatched quality of service. They are the best at what they do. So, you can enjoy a peaceful day at your favorite spa knowing that your favorite clothes are in very good hands.
- They use very high quality branded detergents and fabric softeners. You also have the option of requesting for 100% biodegradable and fragrance-free (hypoallergenic) detergents for your clothes.
- Getting your clothes picked up for laundry is very easy with Drystar. You can do it by filling out a simple form online, or you can give them a call.
So now, you can focus on what’s really important for you – your family, your work or maybe even your hobby - rather than wasting your time worrying about all the laundry that’s piling up at home.